Issaquah, WA, September 7, 2017—Since announcing her candidacy in August, Issaquah pediatrician Dr. Kim Schrier has quickly emerged as the leading candidate in Washington State’s 8th district, garnering extensive coverage in top international and local publications that include CNN, The Guardian, Politico, Seattle Times, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, KING 5, The Stranger, and more.
In the wake of Congressman Dave Reichert’s announcement of his retirement after the 2018 election, Democrat Schrier has distinguished herself from a crowded field with her healthcare expertise, common sense approach to critical issues affecting residents, lifelong ties to the 8th district, and commitment to the health and wellbeing of constituents.
“As a pediatrician in Washington [DC] I could serve all the children of the country – far more than I could serve one ear infection at a time in my office,” she told The Guardian.
Read on for top coverage of Schrier’s candidacy:
- The Guardian: Year of the woman: the Democrats inspired by Trump to run for office
- CNN: First on CNN: Democrats target GOP House members who haven’t held town halls
- NPR/KUOW: Democrats: Reichert’s departure makes 8th District ’eminently winnable’
- Politico: Reichert to retire from House after this term
- The Seattle Times: Democrats line up to challenge Rep. Dave Reichert, with election still a year away
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Connelly: Pediatrician Kim Schrier takes leave of practice to take on Reichert
- The Stranger: Another New Challenger Enters the Race for Reichert’s District: Dr. Kim Schrier
- KING 5: Issaquah pediatrician to run for Reichert’s congressional seat
- Daily Kos: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 8/8