Veterans, servicemembers, and their families have made huge sacrifices for our country. They deserve to be treated with respect during and after serving our country. Part of respecting our servicemen and women, vets, and their families is ensuring they have access to the services and support they need.
As a member of Congress, I have:
- Held the Biden Administration accountable to providing better care for local Veterans. I pushed the Veterans Administration to address the problems I was hearing about from Veterans in Wenatchee– unacceptable delays in care and specialist referrals, inability to schedule appointments online, and impossible wait times on the phone. I got more phone lines open so Veterans could better access care.
- Voted for the largest expansion of veterans’ health care in decades: the Honoring our PACT Act, which has been signed into law and will expand care to 3.5 million veterans exposed to toxins and make it easier for future veterans to get the care they deserve
- Voted for the 2023 Defense Bill that included a 4.6% pay raise for some service members.
- Added key amendments to the 2023 Defense bill including establishing data reporting on military families’ access to childcare to better serve our families.
- Added amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) to make job opportunities more accessible to military spouses